Thursday, May 7, 2009

THE GRAND CANYON !
ONE OF THE 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD!
THE LORDS CREATION.








So we went and stayed in Williams Az, and road the Grand Canyon Railway Train to the Grand Canyon! we all had a grand time!! This trip was courtesy of Wades work they pay for a little vaction every year after tax season!! It was really great, they paid for food and hotel we just pay for our way up there.




The train ride is 2 hours and 15 min up to the Canyon. On the way back the train was robbed by the cowboys!! They chased the train down with there horses. The kids were so funny. Zach said he was going to punch him out! Wade I gave each the boys a quarter so they can be robbed(suppose to be a tip for the show) and the cowboys took there quarters. The Sheriff showed up shortly after asking which way they went. It was all fun and games. Except Zachery was so mad the rest of the night that the robbers got his quarter.

The Grand Canyon was wonderful. It was a perfect day. Its a little scary also being close to the edge having your kids. ok alot scary. I was a little nervous the whole time. I loved it, but glad to be back on the train to go to the hotel with all my kids safe and sound.


5 comments:

Julie said...

that sounds sooo fun with the kids! Glad you guys got to go have a break with the family after the long tax season! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

R-Eight said...

Oh my heck! This sounds like so much fun!! I would love to do something like this with my kids. I'm sorry Zach lost his quarter.

Aleisha said...

How fun!!! I need to call you and talk soon.

Nana Donna said...

Tell Zach that Aunt Donna would be upset too if the robbers took her money!

I'm so glad you got to have a fun trip to the Grand Canyon. We took our kids when they were little, but not by train! How fun to have a train robbery inactment! While at the Canyon I felt the same way as you did with your kids, I was glad to have me and them away from the edge, I think you must have a little of Grandpa Putnam in you, he was afraid of hights and so am I!

Dyan said...

Sounds fun. I hope you are doing well. Lets get together when you are in town.